Damper is one of Australia's popular camp oven treats. The Laucke CWA Scone Mix makes the perfect damper even easier to prepare.
600g Laucke CWA Scone Mix
- Combine Scone Mix, water and eggs
- Knead the dough until soft, smooth and sticky and you will be rewarded with softer, moister scones that stay fresher, longer. This is more easily achieved in a Mixer with a dough hook. Country Women know that excellent scones require more moisture and kneading than is common practice
- Scrape on to a floured board to rest for 5 minutes, where the dough will lose any stickiness
- When rested, leave the dough piece whole, or cut into smaller pieces. Mould to desired shape/s
- Bake in a conventional oven at 210°C, or place in a preheated camp oven beside or over hot coals but not in direct contact with flames, and add extra coals to the lid
- Bake a whole dough piece for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or smaller pieces for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown on top or hollow sounding when tapped